Related to MARGINS Science
List of MARGINS-supported past Workshops/TEIs
Past Events 2010
- Rift Initiation and Evolution (RIE) implementation workshop, Santa Fe, NM, November 4-6, 2010
- NSF Cascadia Workshop: Oct 15-16, 2010, Portland, OR
- EarthScope Institute on the Spectrum of Fault Slip: , Oct 11-14, 2010, Portland, OR
- MARGINS Successor Planning Workshop, San Antonio, TX, February 15-17, 2010
- AGU Fall Meeting, San Francisco, CA, December 14-18, 2009
- SF Volatiles TEI: Sept. 28-Oct 1, 2009 - Timberline, Oregon
- Goldschmidt 2009, Davos, Switzerland, June 21-26, 2009
- Workshop on Deformation and Failure of Geomaterials, Masseria Salamina, Brindisi Italy, June 14-19, 2009
- Mini-Lessons Workshop: May 28-29 , 2009 - Palisades, NY
- 2009 Joint Assembly, Toronto, Canada, May 24-27, 2009
- RCL Workshop: Synthesis and New Perspectives, Charleston, SC, April 30-May 2, 2009.
- S2S Synthesis Meeting, Gisbourne, New Zealand, April 5-9, 2009.
Past Events 2008
- AGU Fall Meeting, San Francisco, CA, December 15-19, 2008
- Rapid Response Drilling Workshop, Tokyo, Japan, November 17-19, 2008.
- 2008 International AAPG Meeting. Cape Town, South Africa, October 26-29, 2008.
- 2008 Joint Meeting. Houston, Texas, October 5-9.
- The Next Decade of The Seismogenic Zone Experiment (SEIZE). Mt. Hood, Oregon, September 22-26, 2008.
- 6th International Conference on Asian Marine Geology. Kochi, Japan , August 29th to September 1st, 2008.
- Central Atlantic Conjugate Margins Conference - Halifax 2008. Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, August 13-15, 2008.
- 2008 AGU Joint Assembly. Fort Lauderdale, Florida, May 27-30, 2008.
- 33rd International Geological Congress. Oslo, Norway, August 6-14, 2008.
- SEPM Clinoform Sedimentary Deposits Field Conference. Rock Springs, Wyoming, August 15-18, 2008.
- AAPG 2008 Annual Convention and Ehxibition. San Antonio, Texas, April 20-23, 2008.
- EGU General Assembly. Vienna, Austria, April 13-18, 2008.
- 2008 Ocean Sciences Meeting "From the Watershed to the Global Ocean". Orlando, FL, March 2-7, 2008.
Past Events 2007
- AGU Fall Meeting. San Francisco, CA, December 10-14, 2007; MARGINS at AGU 2007.
- Subduction Factory Studies in the Izu-Bonin-Mariana Arc System:
Results and Future Plans. November 7-10, 2007, Honolulu, HI.
- 2007 GSA Annual Meeting and Exposition. Denver, Colorado, October 28-31, 2007.
- International Meeting on Ocean Continent Transitions. Paris, France, September 19-21, 2007.
- "The Future of Marine Heat Flow: Defining Scientific Goals and Experimental Needs for the 21st Century" Workshop. Salt Lake City, Utah, September 6-7, 2007.
- Fifth International Conference on Arctic Margins (ICAM). Tromsoe, Norway, September 2007.
- IODP Workshop: Addressing Geologic Hazards through Ocean Drilling. Portland, Oregon, August 26-30, 2007.
- Summer School on Geodynamics and Magmatic Processes. Northern Volcanic Zone, Iceland, August 20-29, 2007.
- The Goldschmidt Conference. Cologne, Germany, August 19-24, 2007.
- East African Rift System Conference. Kampala, Uganda, July 23-25, 2007.
- IODP International Workshop: Large Igneous Provinces. Coleraine, Northern Ireland, July 21-26, 2007.
- JOI Workshop: Gas-Hydrate Observatories Workshop. Portland, Oregon, July 18-20, 2007.
- Workshop to Integrate Subduction Factory and Seismogenic Zone Studies in Central America. Heredia, Costa Rica, June 18-22, 2007.
- 2007 Gordon Conference on "The Interior of the Earth". Mount Holyoke College, South Hadley, Massachusetts, June 10-15, 2007.
- SUBCO Subduction Zone Geodynamics Conference. Organized by Serge Lallemand (Univ. Montpellier, France) and Francesca Funiciello (University Roma, Italy), Montpellier, France, June 4-7, 2007.
- AGU 2007 Joint Assembly. Acapulco, Mexico, May 22-25, 2007. MARGINS-Related Sessions.
- Workshop on Building a Global Data Network for Studies of Earth Processes at the World's Plate Boundaries. Kiel Germany, May 9-11, 2007.
- 2007 AAPG Hedberg Conference "Basin Modeling Perspectives: Innovative Developments and Novel Applications". The Hague, Netherlands, May 6-9, 2007
- International Conference on
Evolution, Transfer and Release of Magmas and Volcanic Gases. Academia Sinica, Taipei, April 22-27, 2007
- MARGINS Education Mini-Workshop: Bringing MARGINS Science to the Classroom. Arlington, Virginia, April 5-6, 2007.
- Integrated Collaborations in the Cascadia and Walker Lane/Salton Trough. Monterey, California, March 27, 2007.
- State of the Arc 2007 meeting (SOTA 2007). Termas Puyehue, Chile, January 28-February 2, 2007
Past Events 2006
- AGU Fall Meeting. San Francisco, CA, December 11-15, 2006; MARGINS at AGU 2006; AGU Sessions of Interest.
- "From MARGINS .......... To Mainstream". Final Scientific Meeting for the Ocean Margins LINK Programme, The Geological Society, Burlington House, Piccadilly, London, UK, November 15-16, 2006 [flyer]
- 2006 GSA Annual Meeting and Exposition. Philadelphia, PA, October 22-25, 2006
- INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM SEALAIX'06, "Sea level changes : Records, processes and modeling". Giens, France, September 25-29, 2006
- SEISMIX 2006. Hayama, Japan, September 24-26, 2006
- S2S TEI: Teleconnections Between Source and Sediment Dispersal Systems. Eel River System, N. California, September 17-21, 2006
- IODP International Workshop: Investigating Continental Breakup and Sedimentary Basin Formation. Pontresina, Switzerland, September 15-18, 2006
- Mission Moho: Understanding the Formation and Evolution of the Oceanic Lithosphere. Portland, Oregon, September 6-9, 2006
- 17th International Sedimentological Congress: From the Highest to the Deepest. Fukouka, Japan, Aug. 27–Sept. 1, 2006
- The 2006 AGU Joint Assembly. Baltimore, Maryland, May 23-26, 2006
- MARGINS Workshop: Interpreting Upper Mantle Images. Woods Hole, MA, May 17-19, 2006
- The 12th Latin-American Congress on Geology. Quito, Equador, South America, May 4-6, 2006
- Guiding National Ocean Research Investment: Public Workshop for the Development of the Ocean Research Priorities Plan - Denver, Colorado, April 18-20, 2006
- AAPG 2006 Annual Convention. Houston, Texas, April 9-12, 2006
- 2006 Ocean Sciences Meeting. Honolulu, Hawaii, February 20-24, 2006
- International Conference on DELTAS (Borneo venue): Depositional Systems and Stratigraphic Development
A joint meeting of 3rd Annual Meeting of IGCP-475 'Deltas in the Monsoon Asia-Pacific Region (DeltaMAP)' and 2nd Meeting of CCOP DelSEA project. University Brunei Darussalam, Brunei, January 13-18, 2006
- MARGINS Workshop: Lithospheric Rupture in the Gulf of California - Salton Trough Region. Ensenada, Mexico, January 9-13, 2006
Past Events 2005
- AGU Fall Meeting. San Francisco, CA, December 5-9, 2005; AGU Sessions of Interest
MARGINS Lecture and Reception at Fall AGU 2005
- 25th Annual GCSSEPM Foundation Bob F. Perkins Research Conference. December 4–7, 2005
- Geological Society of America 2005 Annual Meeting. Salt Palace Convention Center, Salt Lake City, Utah, October 16-19, 2005
- 4th IAHR Symposium on River, Coastal, and Estuarine Morphodynamics. University of Illinois, Urbana, October 4-7, 2005
- Symposium on 3-D Seismic Reflection Imaging: a new opportunity for Marine Geoscience Research. Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory, Palisades, NY, September 8-10, 2005
- International Conference On the East African Rift System-EAR05. Mbeya, Tanzania, August 16-18, 2005
- Human Impacts in the Marine Environment. Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, August 23-26, 2005
- SEPM Research Symposium: Transportation, Accumulation, Colonization, and Stratigraphic Organization of Muddy Sediments. Calgary, Canada, June 19-22, 2005
- NSF Workshop on (the science of) Tsunami Deposits and their Role in Hazard Mitigation. University of Washington, Seattle, 12-16 June, 2005
- Workshop on Geodynamic Modeling of Tectonic Processes. Breckenridge, CO, June 10-12, 2005
- The 2005 AGU Joint Assembly — New Orleans, Louisiana, May 23–27, 2005
- SEPM (Society for Sedimentary Geology) Research Conference: The Sedimentary Record of Meteorite Impacts. Springfield, Missouri, May 21-22, 2005
- Goldschmidt Conference. Moscow, Idaho, May 20-25, 2005
- European Geosciences Union (EGU) — Vienna, Austria, 24–29 April, 2005
- International Conference on Deltas (Mekong venue): Geological Modeling and Management (2nd annual meeting of IGCP-475 DeltaMAP). Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, January 10–16, 2005
Past Events 2004